Establishing Regular Drilling – Flow Chart
FLOW CHART FOR SIMULATOR DRILLING OPERATION
Establishing a Well Control Situation- Flow Chart
Circulating Out a Kick (to kill the well)
- Set the stroke counter on both Drillers Console and Remote Choke console to zero.
- Obtain the Kill Sheet with SIDPP & SICP and all calculated parameters.
- Also obtain Kill Mud Weight and Maximum Allowable Casing Pressure.
- Bring up pump at slow circulating rate (0-30 SPM) while maintaining casing pressure constant at the SICP using the remote choke control, continue till at 30 SPM or slow pump rate.
- Follow the pressure decline on the Kill Sheet by opening and closing the choke at the remote choke console till final circulating pressure is reached, as seen on Drill Pipe Pressure gauge.
At this point, the well should be killed. Flow check reveals DPP = 0, CSGP=0.